Swim Squad Training
Franklin Pool and Leisure offer you competitive and non-competitive swim squad training. Providing a coaching pathway from learn to swim lessons to National Age group Champs, NZ Opens, and International meets.
All swimmers joining the squads must be registered with a club affiliated with SNZ. Swimmers then progress through the squad teams at their own pace. There is no obligation to become a competitive swimmer until you join the Silver squad or up. Please find more information on our squad offerings and timetable below.
In our Competitive Squads, we have five different levels, including Silver, Gold 1, Gold 2, Platinum and Seniors.
Swimmers in these squads must be SNZ registered competitive. They will be given an annual calendar and will be training in line with the competition calendar.
These squads train multiple times per week, and all swimmers must be swimming legal strokes. All competitive teams train up to 48 weeks per year.
- Silver Squad is our entry squad for swimmers new to competing. Silver swims three times per week, each session is one hour long.
- Gold One is our squad for swimmers who are competing in local meets. Training happens four times a week with each session being one hour long.
- Gold Two is our squad for swimmers who are looking at more challenging entry times. Gold One trains four times a week for 1 hour each session.
- Platinum Squad is for our swimmers who are able to reach these entry times: 100 f/s 1.15. 100 bk 1.25, 100 br 1.40, 100 fly 1.32. Platinum trains five times a week and weekend trainng starts here. Each training is one and a half hours long.
- Senior Squad is for our swimmers that have national qualifying times for Div. 2, NAG or Opens, or are deemed to have a suitable training ethic by the head coach. Swimmers must train a min of 5 times per week. It is expected that all swimmers in the senior squad, have goals, and a solid work ethic.
Our Non-Competitive squad consists of two levels, including Bronze One and Bronze Two.
Bronze One is a 45-minute class per week that runs Monday-Friday at various times in the evenings. Bronze Two is a one hour class with the option to swim once or twice a week.
To be eligible for Bronze Squads you must be able to swim 200m F/s and Backstroke and have legal Breaststroke.
There are up to eight swimmers per lane and coaches are covering the following per term.
- Technique Fly, Back, Breast and F/s- All strokes to Fina Rules
- Technique – starts and turns to Fina rules
- Building fitness and endurance
- Relays and racing strategies in line with school swimming sports
- Learning lane etiquette in preparation for squad swimming
|3:30 - 4:30 pm||3:30 - 4:30 pm||4:15 - 5:15 pm|
|6:00 - 7:30 am||3:30 - 4:30 pm||5:15 - 6:15 pm||4:00 - 5:00 pm|
|5:30 - 6:30 pm||3:30 - 4:30 pm||5:15 - 6:15 pm||5:00 - 6:00 pm|
|5:30 - 7:00 pm||6:00 -7:00 am||5:30 - 6:30 pm||6:00 - 8:00 am|
|5:30 - 6:30 pm|
|5:30 - 7:30 am||5:30 -7:30 am||4:30 - 6:30 pm
|5:30 - 7:30 am||5:50 - 7:30 am||6:00 - 8:00 am|
|5:15 -7:00 pm||4:00 - 5:30 pm|
|Bronze 1||5:15 - 6:00 pm||4:30 - 5:15 pm||3:00 - 4:15 pm||3:00 - 4:15 pm
|3:15 - 4:00 pm
|6:00 - 6:45 pm|
|Bronze 2||6:00 - 7:00 pm||5:30 - 6:30 pm||6:00 - 7:00 pm||5:30 - 6:30 pm||5:30 - 6:30 pm|
|6:30 - 7:30 pm||6:30 - 7:30 pm|
Bronze 2 Squad - 1 or 2 lessons per week (60 mins)
Fitness Squad Timetable
|7:00 - 8:00 pm||6:30 - 7:30 pm|